Thursday, November 5, 2009

MARIAH EXPLAINS EMOTIONAL ABUSE IN FIRST MARRIAGE!




Last night singing superstar Mariah Carey sat down with Larry King Live to discuss many different aspects of her career and personal life. During the interview she talked about her new album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel,' the pregnancy rumors with husband Nick Cannon, and the emotional abuse she dealt with in her first marriage. Here are the highlights:

On the pregnancy rumors:
"[Being pregnant] would be the happiest thing in my life, but what i'm saying is right now with this movie [Precious] coming out, with the next few singles from my album and those things that i'm doing, I need to focus on that because I cannot do the having-a-child thing halfway."

On the emotional abuse from first marriage:
"Abuse has several catergories. Emotionally, mentally, in other ways. I just think you get into a situation and you feel locked in. If your situation is similar to one of the situations I've been in, which I won't harp on. For me, to really get out, it was difficult because there was a connection that was not only a marriage but a business thing where the person was in control of my life."

Check out Mariah's new album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel' in stores now.

0 comments: